Wednesday, 26 March 2014

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick



A lot of people complained because the problem doesn't arise until quite late into the book, however I rather liked that cos even though I love Sarah Dessen books, I'm not that big a fan of the whole get together/really close and basically together, big fight about things they've left unresolved then get together in the last few pages again, so you never really know how their relationship is going to pan out other than the fact that they're staying together in their own little forever.


With this book, we got to see Sam and Jase's relationship quite honestly, he's easygoing, she's easygoing around him and she's perfectly fine with the contained chaos that is his family. I liked that Jase and Sam never really had the big fight scene I was dreading, although the break up was bad enough for me.

So the main relationship is an A+ for me. The main characters are pretty good, perhaps an A-. The supporting characters are also an A+, they may not be there for long but they're very fleshed with the exception of one character whom i always forget but I suppose that's more my fault than his. 

You've probably seen people discussing Tim and Nan and I have to agree with them, for me Tim wasn't that much of a pleasant surprise just because Sam had previously said that he and her used to be very close so it was just pleasant for me to see their relationship go back to how it was, and probably even better seeing as how his best friends are her and Jase. I was slightly disappointed at Nan if only in terms of women liking other women being a bit of an issue at play here, but otherwise she was a well thought out character and sadly things like that do happen. also available here

Rating: 4.75/5 stars ****

No comments:

Post a Comment